This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclaimer for more info.
1. Water Is Your Friend
- Drink lots of it!
- Aim to have 8-16 oz of water upon waking, before each meal, and before bed. (Cold water speeds up caloric expenditure since our bodies have to warm it up to process it)
2. Do High-Intensity Interval Training
- It has been shown that just 15 minutes of HIIT can speed up metabolism up to 72 hours after the session.
3. Lift Weights
- The more muscle you build the higher your metabolism.
- Stick to whole-body compound movements.
- For optimal convenience supplement with Whey Protein before and after your session.
4. Do Not Drop Your Calories Too Low
- If you do, your metabolism will slow down drastically.
- The fewer calories you consume, the fewer calories your body will burn. Our bodies are smart and they adapt to our current circumstances.
5. DO NOT AVOID FATS!!!
- They are crucial for your hormone levels, your satiety, your bodily processes, and your overall health.
- Top sources include avocado oil, olive oil, my favorite macadamia nut oil, organic coconut butter, nuts, and flax-seeds.
- Thrive Market is my online shop for the top organic and healthy fats (get 25% off your first order)
6. Eat Smaller Meals More Frequently
- This helps regulate our appetite and prevents us from over-eating in certain situations.
- A very easy way to control your portion is to use a food scale and put your meals in BPA free Tupperware containers.
7. Manage Stress!
- This is a BIG one for me as I typically don’t handle stress very well. (taking CBD Pure has helped tremendously)
- High amounts of stress increase the hormone cortisol causing increased fat storage and damaging our metabolism.
- Luckily, my life changed the moment I began supplementing with Ashwagandha. Now, I personally recommend it to all my clients.
8. Get Enough Sleep
- Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night.
- It is very important to have a daily sleeping ritual to make sure we are ready to go the next day. Not only will you feel more rested but you’d be amazed at how much more productive you’ll be!
- Magnesium will help you relax so consider taking a high-quality ZMA product.
9. Move More!
- Try to make it an effort to be more active (walk more, take the stairs, for every 30 minutes of sitting take 2 minutes to stand up and move).
- As easy as this sounds this is probably the hardest thing to do right? I mean most jobs require us to sit a LOT.
- Get a Fitbit and crush those 10,000 steps a day!
10. Eat More Veggies
- Aim for non-starchy green/leafy vegetables (think broccoli, cauliflower, spinach).
- You’ll skip this one right? Not so fast! Just please do me a favor and try to incorporate them SLOWLY into your diet.
- Also, consider a greens supplement. I never tell this to anyone but here’s the one I recommend:
11. Limit Sugar Intake
- Stick to complex sources of carbohydrates which are packed with nutrients and fiber.
- They will help regulate your insulin levels and maintain optimal metabolism.
12. Limit Caffeine
- Try to have one to two cups of coffee a day.
- It is true that caffeine stimulates fat mobilization in moderation.
- However, drinking more than adequate has been shown to promote weight gain.
The following two tabs change content below.
Bilingual nutrition & fitness coach specialized in designing customized nutrition and exercise regimens to effectively improve health, optimize performance and manage weight. My mission is to guide YOU to adopt a healthier lifestyle for life.