Stop me if you’ve heard this before…
“I’m starting a 7-day juice diet because I need to detox my body”.
Sounds quite familiar does it not? I can’t tell you how many times these so-called juice cleanses are being promoted as a “healthy” way to lose body fat and “clean” our bodies from toxins.
What I am about to tell you might shock you but bear with me here…
Even though these short-lived cleanses report having great success, increased energy levels, and dramatic weight loss they do NOTHING to detoxify your body. The truth is, your liver and kidney do that for you on a daily basis.
A healthy gut is a healthy body. There is an incredible connection between our gut bacteria and our brains. So basically, having good gut health means more energy, happiness, optimal performance, and overall health.
Therefore, it is extremely beneficial to continuously detox our bodies by consuming whole foods, exercising, and taking a top-quality probiotic daily. You’ll feel amazed by the difference this will make in your life.
Now don’t get me wrong here, we could definitely use a detox. Luckily, there is a much better effortless way to go about doing it. Don’t worry, ANYONE can do it and it is so easy to implement these tips that you might not even think you’re doing a detox! It’s that simple.
Where Most “Detoxes” Fail…
- Too restrictive
- No solid food!
- Involve an all or nothing approach
- Too much change too soon!
- Lack of nutrients and vitamins
- Weight is gained immediately after detox is over
- Ultimately, the cons outweigh the pros
Do you see a pattern here?
Yup, you guessed it = SUSTAINABILITY!
My point is if you can’t maintain it then what’s the reason for trying it. So in order to have the easiest and most effective detox you want to keep reading for my personal eight tips.
1. Drink Lemon Water in the Morning (Empty Stomach)
- Yes! This sets the pace for the entire day. The first thing our bodies need upon waking is HYDRATION.
- Aim for at least 16 ounces.
- This will kick your metabolism into high gear and get your entire digestive tract ready for optimal digestion.
2. Get Moving! Sweat Out Those Toxins
- We as humans are meant to move often.
- As we accumulate toxins in our bodies the best way to release them is through exercise and high activity levels.
- Get an activity tracker so you can keep track and improve each session.
- Fewer toxins = more energy!
3. Drink Infused Water Throughout the Day
- Again, hydration is a big component of a well-done detox.
- Don’t like water? No problem! Feel free to add some lemons, berries, or cucumbers to flavor your drink.
4. Eat Mostly Whole-Foods
- I always say we are what we eat. The more good that goes in the more good that comes out.
- Try to stick to less processed the majority of the time and don’t aim for perfect just be consistent.
- Have high fiber sources, antioxidants, and healthy fats. (Detox 101)
5. Drink Herbal Teas Between Meals
- Ever wonder why Asians live so long? They LOVE teas and drink them all the time.
- Not only do they curb your appetite but they offer high-quality antioxidants and minerals to fuel your body.
- Feel free to experiment with different flavors and blends.
6. Spend Time Outside (Breathe Fresh Air)
- Nature is mother earth’s detox.
- Getting at least 15-20 minutes in the sun gets you optimal Vitamin D while giving you time to meditate and reflect on how blessed you are.
- Breathe deeply and enjoy time away from pollution, social media, and work-related stress.
7. Take an Epsom Salt Bath Before Bed
- Relaxation is one of the best ways to detox.
- A stress-free environment is one of the best ways to naturally cleanse your whole system.
- Next time before bed try an Epsom salt bath and thank me later!
8. Drink Apple Cider Vinegar After Meals (Not Before!)
- One of my personal favorites!
- You’ve probably heard all about its health benefits already and not to mention weight-loss.
- Having it AFTER meals will improve your bodies ability to digest and metabolize your food properly while maximizing absorption.
- Make sure you drink “The Mother”.
So there you have it! Easier than starving yourself with a juice diet for seven days right?
Now, in a perfect world, you might feel the need to immediately start doing all these tips right now all at once. But, the most important thing you can do for yourself is to get into a daily routine. By taking these simple steps mentioned above you’ll have the effortless detox your friends wished they had.
Trust me when I tell you that your liver will thank you if you implement these tips slowly into your life. So go ahead now eat plants, take some sun, move more, and enjoy all the things nature offers you to keep your body healthy and vibrant!
So let me ask you…
What do you do daily to optimize your health?
Have you detoxed before and did this post help you?
I would love to know your thoughts! Please share with someone who might benefit from this!
P.S. If you would like to get personalized nutrition coaching from me just fill out the free form and let’s get to work.