This will be your new favorite!
Incredibly simple to make and so tasty. Honestly, it has become one of my new staples. Let’s simply call it the perfect healthy homemade chicken tender recipe. Your kids will love it, your friends will love it, and I guarantee you’ll make this a personal favorite as well.
Usually, there is a HUGE list of ingredients hidden behind these little creatures. Loaded with sodium, chemicals, GMO’s, lacking fiber, and nutrients. As addictive as they may be they provide no benefit to us apart from all the empty calories contained.
Luckily, when you make your own you know the exact ingredients you are putting in your body. You are in control. It’s one less thing to buy at the store and you can customize them according to your preference (spices, nutrients, etc…)
What I’m gonna need from you is about five minutes of your time and only 4 ingredients you can find literally anywhere. So without further due let’s get to it!
Ingredients for Healthy Chicken Tenders:
- 16 oz of boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 egg (preferably organic cage-free)
- 2 slices of whole-wheat bread
- 10g seasonings of choice (garlic, onion, Italian, etc…)
Macros for 4 oz:
- Just 160 Calories!
- 28g Protein
- 5g Carbs
- 3g Fat
- Take out all ingredients and set them on the table.
- Place the 2 slices of bread with seasonings of choice in a food processor.
- Blend on high until they become crumbs.
- Crack your egg and whisk in a bowl.
- Dip each chicken tender individually into the egg wash.
- Dip it in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat the last three steps with all 16 oz of chicken.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake on each side for 15 minutes, take out, and enjoy!
So what’s for dinner tonight?
Give this a try, share it and let me know what you think!
P.S. If you would like to get personalized nutrition coaching from me just fill out the free form and let’s get to work.